This grant honors the groundbreaking work of Libraries and Autism: We’re Connected co-founder, Meg Kolaya, for her contributions in promoting inclusion, connecting libraries with the autism community, and bringing awareness of the needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families to the library community.
Each year, a total of $5,000.00 will be awarded. Depending on the applications received, one grant for the full amount or multiple grants for smaller amounts totaling $5,000.00 may be awarded. All types of libraries, either in the United States or Canada, are encouraged to apply and proposals can fund projects and services directed to any age group. Applicants may propose to initiate a new, creative program or service, bring an established, successful program or service to their library for the first time, or enhance a program or service that they currently offer. All proposed projects must benefit people with autism or their families, directly or indirectly. Funds may be used to hire a trainer to present a workshop, buy program materials, pay for staff, etc.
Applications will be accepted starting September 1, 2017.
The application deadline is December 1, 2017.
The winning applicant(s) will be notified by March 1, 2018.
The grant funding period is from April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019.
Criteria for Selection
- The project is clearly described and well thought out.
- The potential impact is significant.
- There is institutional support for the program or service.
- People with autism, family members or other community stakeholders are involved in the development and/or implementation of the project.
- The program is one that would be replicable in other communities.
- The program or service is based on an understanding of the needs of people with autism and/or best practices in working with this population.
- There is a plan for the continuation of the service or program after the grant year.
- The project would not be possible without outside funding.
The following 2018 grant form can be downloaded here:
- The Grant Application – All questions must be answered, unless they are marked “optional”.
- The Grant Sample Budget Sheet
- The Grant Report Guidelines
Applications, budget sheets, institutional letters of support and other supporting documentation must be submitted as email attachments to: email@example.com